Wearing garments made from camouflage fabric is a hot trend, so dressing your pint-sized princess in a pair of toddler girls' camo shorts is an enjoyable, affordable way to be on trend without busting your budget. As a bonus, dressing in cool girl clothes is so much fun, your child may even decide to dress herself and save you the time and energy.
What Are Camouflage Shorts?
Toddler girls' camo shorts are, quite simply, shorts made from camouflage print textiles. Typically, camouflage prints are made using four-color patterns. The most popular pattern is composed of olive drab, khaki, brown and black, which may or may not appeal to tiny fashionistas. Fortunately, you can find many styles of toddler girl's shorts made from camouflage fabric with pink or other colors used as part of the pattern.
Wearing Toddler Girls' Camo Shorts
Because of the popularity and wide acceptance of camouflage printed apparel, toddler girls can wear their trendy shorts for many occasions like:
- Birthday parties
- Play dates
- Family picnics
- Under dresses or jumpers for modesty
- Outings to the zoo, playground, or museums
In addition to wearing them for special events, toddlers enjoy wearing these comfy fashions while running, playing, dancing, or just lounging around the house. Toddler shorts are available in a range of hemlines from short-short to below the knee.
Shop for Camouflage Shorts
Because kids outgrow their clothes so fast, there is a good chance you can find girls' camouflage shorts at local consignment stores, thrift stores, flea markets or yard sales. Buying girl's shorts from these sources is a good way to save some money, and you can feel good about reducing your carbon footprint by reusing the garments.
However, if you are planning to give the shorts as a gift or if you are buying them for a special event, you may want to splurge on a brand new pair. These are a few retailers that stock toddler girl's camo shorts in a wide variety of sizes and styles:
- Miracle Baby: Show your love in an extra special way by giving a pair of personalized camo shorts to a favorite child. These make a perfect gift for birthdays or holidays.
- Etsy: This online marketplace offers an ever-changing selection of shorts for toddler girls in standard camo as well as pink camo.
- Amazon: Select from a wide range of camo shorts and clothing for your little outdoorswoman. Take advantage of free shipping on qualified orders.
While shopping online, be sure to visit online auction sites like Ebay. These auction venues are a popular way for individuals to sell their children's clothing and make a little extra money, and they can be an excellent sources for stocking up on items like toddler shorts at bargain basement prices.
Caring for Camo Shorts
While you should always follow the manufacturer's recommended care instructions, many used garments have had these labels removed. To be on the safe side, follow these steps for cleaning and maintaining camo shorts.
- Turn the shorts inside out before washing, and wash with similarly colored fabrics.
- Use cold or warm water and a mild detergent.
- Wash on a gentle or medium cycle setting.
- Air or line dry if possible, or set the dryer for low heat.
Whether you buy them new or used, odds are toddler girls' camo shorts will become favorite clothing for your child. Extend the life of the garments and protect your dollar investment by giving them the proper care.