While many parents complain of husky shorts for toddlers being difficult to find, more shops are increasingly making such items available. Children are growing more quickly than ever and parents need to accommodate them while still keeping clothes age appropriate. Several designers have stepped up to meet the challenge.
Options in Husky Shorts for Toddlers
A long-time favorite source for quality boys clothing in husky sizes is Land's End. Many of their shorts for toddlers are also available in little boy sizes, so you can readily size up if you need to. All the size information is clearly given and there are associates ready to help with more specific questions and concerns. Some of the shorts available include:
- Plain Front: There is nothing like a simple, basic short that goes with everything and has nothing that can catch or snag. These cotton-twill shorts with convenient elastic waist and snap closure are soft and yet durable and ready to take whatever a toddler boy can throw at them.
- Beach Shorts: Land's End is famous for its outdoor clothes for the whole family. These cotton canvas shorts have a longer leg design and a full elastic waist with a drawstring. They are durable and will hold up to lots of playing in both wet and dry sand.
- Cargo Climbers: These are super-tough denim shorts with extra reinforcements at all the stress points. They have an elastic waist with a lot of stretch and roomy cargo pockets for the toddler who already likes to carry things around. Reviews on the site especially tout the fine fit for husky sons, as well as the excellent material.
- Madras Shorts: While a toddler won't appreciate a vintage style, parents will love it. These shorts are in soft 100 percent cotton and have a back-elastic adjustable waist and snap closure, as well as front and back pockets and even a coin pocket. The attractive madras pattern looks great with everything.
Another kids' clothes favorite, Gymboree, makes husky clothes, although parents warn that these are only available online. Most of their shorts are available in sizes up to 5T.
- Checked Short: A cute, basic cotton poplin short with a crosshatch design. This is a pull-on with a faux button closure and mock fly. It has front and back pockets.
- Twill Cargo: Perfect for the beach, this pull-on short features a mock drawstring and working cargo pockets. The shorts are made of brushed cotton poplin for instant comfort.
- Plaid Short: The sweet vintage styling is enhanced by a mock drawstring. It has front and back pockets and is made of soft cotton.
Osh Kosh B'Gosh
Old-time favorite kids' clothing shop Osh Kosh B'Gosh carries shorts to fit husky toddlers in styles ready for active play.
- The Poplin Cargo shorts have an easy-on elastic waist, faux drawstring and pockets that close with Velcro so he can manage them himself.
- Active Jersey Shorts let a toddler feel like his big brother and look ready to hit the basketball court. These feature a very roomy fit and are soft and durable.
- French Terry shorts are not only super-soft and easy to wear, you can buy one pair and get another for free. They have an elastic waistband that moves with your son, adding to the comfort.
Getting More Advice
Because toddlers grow so fast, many parents struggle to find quality clothes that hold up to active play and are reasonably priced. Parents of larger children often feel they don't have as many options because there is less availability and shopping second-hand is less likely to turn up good clothing. It can be useful in this case to join online communities such as Mothering, where there are many regular conversations dealing with such issues. Through such communities, you can also arrange your own clothing swaps and thus get new things while sharing older items your child has outgrown.