Children's clothing has changed a lot in the past decade. It's now as varied and stylish as offerings for adults. Navigating the selection can be overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. Check out the stores below to find exactly what you're looking for!
These retailers focus solely on children's clothing, so you know they're experts at what they do. It's no wonder they're among the most popular places to shop for young girls:
- The Children's Place: The Children's Place offers a range of wardrobe staples and trendy clothing for young girls ages 0 through 14 years. It's a great place to get school clothes with most items staying on the casual side. Prices generally range from $15 to $30 and special sizes are available.
- Gymboree: With a variety of clothing for girls ages 3 months to 12 years, Gymboree is a go-to when shopping for kids. Known for their playful, cute styles, Gymboree makes clothes young girls can wear on a day-to-day basis. Prices for most items range from $20 to $40, with some items available in slim and plus sizes.
- Hanna Andersson: Hanna Andersson's adorable designs are for girls ages 0 to 12 years and will run you from about $30 to $65 per piece. Based on traditional Swedish children's clothing, her pieces are all made of 100% cotton. A portion of sales is donated to children in need.
Known for their variety, these retailers offer the most options at a range of prices. You'll always be able to find exactly what you need for any occasion:
- J.Crew: J.Crew's girls clothing for ages 2-14 years is just as stylish, varied and well-made as their adult line. They have a fantastic mix of on-trend and timeless pieces fit for daily wear and special occasions. With prices starting as low as $25 and going up to around $200, J.Crew accommodates a wide range of price points.
- Gap: This retailer's popularity has spanned decades, and rightly so. They opened their first Gap Kids store in 1986. Their girl's clothing line is extensive and offers selections suitable for the most casual up to the fanciest of events. Price points for girls' styles typically range from $20 to $70 per item.
- Justice: With a focus solely on girl's clothing, it's no wonder Justice is one of the most popular tween clothing stores out there. The retailer offers a range of every-day and dressy clothing in bright colors and popular patterns that appeal to so many young girls. Most items are available up to size 18 and pieces are typically priced between $30 and $65.
- Kohl's: This retailer is a popular choice for the mid-range price market with a wide selection of casual, active and formal wear for babies through adolescent age girls. Kohl's also carries a diverse selection of sizing for plus size, tall and petite girls. Individual piece pricing can be found as low as $3 on up to around $130.
By producing quality products at affordable prices, these retailers have earned a reputation for value among their customers. Expect to find a wide range of clothing choices for young girls at prices that won't bust your bank account:
- Old Navy: A long standing go-to for great basics, Old Navy, the least expensive Gap brand, makes adorable quality girls' clothing at super-affordable prices. Most items cost between $5 and $25 and are available in standard, slim, or plus sizes.
- Target: Target has made value-shopping chic for adults and kids alike. In addition to their regular brands, you can find exclusive, limited-edition designer collaborations with high-end labels. Whether you need school clothes or a great deal on a designer dress, you can get it at Target for prices ranging from around $10 to $80.
- Land's End: Find tons of classic styles and an unexpectedly good selection of special occasion pieces for young girls at Land's end. Owned by retail giant Sears, you can trust that Land's End clothes are well-made and affordable. At prices in the $15 to $65 range, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better deal.
- Levi's: Jeans are a staple of most children's wardrobes and Levi's is known for quality denim products for all ages. Levi's carries jeans, denim jackets and tee shirts for babies, toddlers and girls through their teenage years. Pricing ranges from around $10 up to $30.
Young girls crave designer clothing as much as their older counterparts. Many beloved designers now offer children's lines with mini versions of their famous creations. If you're willing to spend, you'll find the best of the best at these retailers:
- Bergdorf Goodman: Get looks straight from the runway at Bergdorf Goodman, the pinnacle of luxury shopping. This retailer carries children's lines from renowned designers including Marni, Oscar de la Renta, and Christian Dior. Prices are high, sometimes upwards of $500, but if you're willing to spend top dollar, you'll find some of the most stylish and well-made children's clothing available at Bergdorf's.
- Nordstrom: Nordstrom's has adorable miniature designs from the likes of Lilly Pulitzer and Burberry, as well as other high-end children's labels. Prices are mostly between $50 and $150, making the designer options available here somewhat more affordable than other luxury department stores and boutiques.
- Bloomingdale's: You'll find a great selection of contemporary brands like Alternative Apparel, Joe's Jeans, and Frye for young girls at Bloomingdale's. Clothes are available for infants through teenagers in standard sizing. Most prices are between $40 and $200.
Best Boutique Labels
If exclusivity is your thing, check out these retailers. Whether they sell their own lines of high-end children's clothing or offer hard-to-find foreign labels, young girls who shop here are not likely to need to worry about wearing the same outfit as their friends:
- Pili Carerra: This high-end Spanish label has been producing top-of-the-line, super stylish children's clothing for decades. Prices run from $85 to $215 and clothing is available for ages 0 through 14 years.
- Jacadi: Popular French label Jacadi offers up Parisian chic for babies and kids ages 2 to 12 years. Their pieces are an investment at between $75 and $250, but the classic silhouettes will stand the test of time and can be passed down for years.
- Maisonette: This retailer was formed by two former staffers at Vogue magazine. They carry their exclusive Maison Me line as well as styles from Oscar de la Renta, Sorci and Fofa, Folklore Las Niñas, Bellerose and Tessa James. Maisonette carries fashions for babies through 16 years and pricing can range from $10 up to just under $1,000.
Have Fun With Kid's Fashion!
Kid's have just as much style as adults, and they want to be able to express their individuality through clothing the same way as grown-ups. More designers and retailers are offering children's clothing than ever before because the demand continues to grow. Options for young girls now match those for their mom's in sizes, styles, and prices. Whatever young girls are looking for, you can help them find it at one of the many amazing kid's clothing stores online and in your favorite shopping centers.