When you are looking for the most adorable and stylish options in children's clothing, there are specialty boutique stores you can turn to. A growing number of retailers are specifically geared towards children's clothing and offer unique and cute pieces you may not find at the big department stores.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, Tuesday's Child carries the latest in designer clothing for your child. They also have a store in New Jersey, and you can purchase their clothing online as well. Kenzo, Armani Junior, Little Marc Jacobs, Marni, Lacoste, Junior Gaultier, Milly Minis, and Stella McCartney are just a few of the fabulous brands this store offers.
Tuesday's Child's return policy is tight, giving you 14 days to return your purchase. They offer free shipping for orders over $200. When shopping here you can expect to spend anywhere from $250 for a girl's dress to up to $800 for a boy's Armani suit. It is possible to find lower prices here, like the Kenzo cardigan and Lacoste sweatshirt noted below. Tuesday's Child is a great option to turn to when looking for designer clothing in children's sizes.
Check out these trendy styles:
- Having a hard time finding a cute sweatshirt for your boy? Look no further, this cobalt blue Lacoste sweatshirt is exactly a mix between comfy and cool. Priced at about $80, your boy will definitely get his use out of this sweatshirt. It comes in sizes 3-16. Featuring the brand's famous alligator logo in black, this sweatshirt looks the best with jeans.
- Shopping at Tuesday's Child is all about high fashion. Get this Milly girl's fit and flare ballerina dress for about $160 in a pretty pink and black floral print (available in girls sizes 2-16).
- Don't miss out on this boy's dark emerald green velour two-piece set from Someday Soon, priced at around $100. It comes in sizes 2 through 10.
- This super chic Kenzo Cardigan might just be your little girl's new favorite sweater. Patterned in black and gray zebra print, featuring just enough frill on the shoulders, this button-down cardigan is available for about $80 in sizes 4-14. This looks adorable with black or gray leggings and white sneakers.
Little Skye has a great selection of fun and trendy boys' and girls' clothes. They are based in New Jersey, but their styles are also available online. Little Skye's clothing selection is curated with love, and you can follow their Instagram to stay up-to-date with their newest styles.
When shopping with Little Skye you will always receive free shipping on your order of $49 or more, and you have 30 days to return your purchase and 60 days to receive a store credit. Little Skye also has a "gifts" section where you can find cool things like craft kits and stuffed animal squishes. Their prices are moderate, and you can score great deals starting at about $25 from their sale section. A few items that stand out include the following:
- Molo gets it right with these boys' Stratosphere Sweatpants (sizes 2-10). Easy to wear, these light gray cotton sweatpants have a sky blue drawstring and side zipper pockets to elevate them to that next level of cool. Priced at around $50, these cuffed sweats look great white a hoodie and a graphic tee.
- This long sleeve star patch girl's top by NUNUNU is a great buy at about $52. It's all white, with a big black star applique on its front, and comes in sizes 2/3 through 12/14. This looks great with either a tutu-type skirt or leggings.
A one-stop-shop for your kids, Torly Kid has a thoughtful selection of really cute children's clothing. Torly carries everything from outerwear to brightly colored twill pants to graphic tees. Because their selection isn't the largest, you won't find each item in a ton of sizes. That said, there are many items to choose from, and their selection is updated regularly.
Make sure to follow Torly Kid's Twitter Account to hear about sales and promotions first. Also keep in mind that you have 30 days to return your unused item for a full refund. Clothes over $100 ship for free, and all other orders under $100 will ship for about $7. Some items to check out include:
- Try this super cute Frenchie black and green top. It has a single ruffle around the neck to give it an edge, all while staying sophisticated at the same time. It comes in sizes 4-14. Pair with leggings or a skirt for a girly look.
- Get this chunky cable-knit boy's charcoal gray Kaptail K sweater (12-18 month through boys size 6) for just over $45; and pair it with these terracotta twill pants (boys sizes 3-5) by Hoonana. These pants are just under $50 and they feature a hip gray waistband so it fits more like a sweatpant rather than an actual jean.
- This Toobydoo party dress (about $65 in sizes 5-7) is fit for a princess. It has a tutu gray bottom with a white and gray striped top. Add a tiara and your little girl will feel extra whimsical.
Tiny You is sure to bring out the inner hipster in your child. Whether it is chic outerwear or a cozy sweater, Tiny You has you covered from head to toe (they also sell kids' shoes). Their selection and availability isn't the largest, but this is a truly niche children's store, focusing on local designers. The focus here is more quality over quantity. Also be aware that Tiny You sizes only go up to 6.
Tiny You offers complimentary gift wrapping and free shipping on orders over $100. Follow Tiny You's Instagram for special sales and promotions.
A few items that stand out include:
- You're never too young to wear a mini skirt! This denim mini skirt (18 months through size 6) by Babyface is about $40 and is simply adorable with its button-down front. Slip this on over your girl's leggings, or let her wear it bare legged on those hot summer days. Casual and comfy, this pairs well with almost anything.
- These stylish Blue Camo Cargos have a navy and white lining, and when you roll the bottoms of them up, you can see the stylish knit lining for that cool-guy vibe. These pants by Bitz are about $50 in sizes 12-18 months through 6, and they will pair well with the blue Lacoste sweatshirt mentioned earlier in this article, or any graphic tee/sweater.
- Some of this store's best items are its outerwear. This Mayoral puffer coat (sizes 4T-7) is reversible, so your little girl can either wear it on its floral side, or its pink side, depending on her mood and/or outfit. For about $70, you are really getting two coats in one with this jacket. Bonus: it comes with a detachable hood.
Janie and Jack
This specialty store focuses on stylish high-quality clothing for your little ones. When shopping at Janie and Jack, you can expect to find options for your boy and your girl, both in-store and online. Janie and Jack often features sales, and online they are quick to offer promotional codes to apply to your order, like free shipping or a percentage off. Their prices are on the moderate side, and you can expect to pay anywhere from roughly $30 to $60 per most items.
As for their return and exchange policies, they are pretty lenient. All sales from Janie and Jack are final after 180 days, but you have 60 days to return or exchange your purchase for a full refund. After the 60 days you will receive a store credit. You are able to return your merchandise either in person at a store or by mail.
Some of Janie and Jack's best pieces:
- This crimson Colorblock Sweater Dress (about $60) is perfect for the holidays. Featuring a red and navy ribbon-like collar with two bows right under it, this long sleeve dress is seriously cute and comes in sizes 3-6 months up to girls size 12. A navy border and thin white stripe complement the bottom of this dress, giving it a bit of extra flair to stand out. Pair this dress with tights and mary janes and your little girl will look sweet as sugar.
- If you have a boy and a girl, color coordinate them with this boy's Navy Stripe Pullover (about $55). Similar to the girl's dress above, this cotton sweater is striped in red, navy, and white; it also features a hip shawl collar. Cool and chic, this sweater looks great with khakis or jeans. It comes in sizes 3-6 months through boys size 12.
Sparkle by Stoopher
If your little girl loves bling, Sparkle by Stoopher is a must visit. Selling only girls clothing, this store focuses on patterned tees, tops, and hoodies, embellished with rhinestones. Sarah Jessica Parker's twins have been spotted in this store's custom designs, so you can be sure that their line is superbly stylish.
All items from Sparkle by Stoopher are made to order and processing and shipping usually takes 10 days. Orders under $200 ship for about $7, and orders over $200 ship for free. Their return policy is strict; you have only 10 days to return clothing, and all sale clothing is final sale.
- Cute and sophisticated, this Tiny Dancer gray hoodie (sizes 2-10) is a "dressed-up" version of a normal sweatshirt. Available for about $66, this girl's hoodie is bedazzled with rhinestones. The front of this hoodie zips up, and the back features a beautiful pair of soft pink ballet slippers that are adorned with rhinestones. This hoodie will look cute with either a tutu, leggings, or any other skirt.
- This girl's long sleeve shirt is equal parts chic and cool. Priced at bout $46 in sizes 2-14, this top is an off-white color with a pair of leopard Converse sneakers adorning its front. This is the ultimate cool girl's graphic tee.
It's A Kid's World
You want to give your child the world, and shopping for new clothes is no exception. Knowing your little ones love the way they look is priceless, and you can't get a warmer feeling than that. Consider shopping as a bonding experience with your child even if you are just shopping online together. By knowing where to find some of the cutest kids clothing stores, you can get the most stylish looks for your little ones and have plenty options in tops, pants, dresses, and even outerwear.