The web can be the perfect place to shop for girls' dress coats. You can find a good deal on a fun and classic style that will make both you and your little girl happy.
About Dressy Outerwear
It's especially important in cooler climates for girls to wear something warm over their fancy party dresses. Formal clothing for little girls is more about looking pretty than it is about staying warm, so it's a good idea to consider the practical side of dressing up, too.
Anyone who's worn a puffer jacket over her princess costume knows that a coat can make or break a look. Children's outerwear has come a long way over the years, and there is now a variety of options available to keep your child warm while still complementing her outfit.
Trends in Girls' Dress Coats
Gone are the days when little girls had to settle for sensible tweed or wear their bulky winter coat. There's no need to sacrifice style for warmth when you select one of these fun trends.
The retro style is traditional yet super trendy. Designs include accents like faux fur, bow, ruffles, and double-breasted fronts.
- Macy's is a great source for trendy girls' outerwear at affordable prices.
Little girls can wear fur, too! One of the hottest trends in outerwear for girls is fur dress coats. These coats are warm, and most are completely washable. The faux fur can come in simple natural shades, leopard print or zebra print, and a variety of exciting colors.
- Check out some of the adorable options at La Bella Flora.
Clothing for girls seems to be heading back to the classic styles loved over the years. There's something nostalgic and adorable about seeing your little girl in a 1940s-style dress coat.
- Best Dressed Child is another store that offers some beautiful classic styles.
If your child isn't too excited about the idea of a new formal coat, why not try out something else? Capes make an excellent choice. They provide warmth and style and are a great alternative to girls' dress coats.
- PinkPrincess.com has some adorable fur dress capes that are sure to please any little girl.
Tips to Help You Choose
It's not always easy to choose formal outerwear for your child. There are many things to consider, and it pays to do your research before you buy. Here are a few tips to help you choose a new formal coat:
- Think about how quickly your child is growing right now. If your child is going through a growth spurt, this might affect your budget for the coat. On the other hand, you may be able to hand the coat down to a younger sibling.
- Consider the weather in your area. If your child will be wearing the dress coat in the fall, a lighter material is probably okay. However, if you live in a Northern climate, keep warmth in mind.
- Get input from your child. Little girls often have strong opinions when it comes to fashion. Talk to your child about the qualities she hopes to find in a dress coat.
- Give some thought to going with a used clothing store for formalwear. If your child will only be wearing the coat once or twice, lightly used formal clothing might be your most practical option.
Let Your Imagination Run Wild
Regardless of which coat you choose for your child, don't forget that little girls can get away with just about anything when it comes to outerwear. Have fun, and include your little girl in the shopping process!