Elastic waist pull on jeans for boys are popular with parents who struggle to dress their always active and on-the-go toddlers, as well as with older children who want a quick and comfortable option for both school and play.
The Benefits of Elastic Waist Pull On Jeans For Boys
Elastic waist jeans have plenty of benefits over traditional jeans with button and zipper flies. First and foremost, they are the ultimate clothing article of convenience. Since you simply pull them on and off, they are ideal for little boys just learning to dress themselves. As young as potty training age, very young children will appreciate the ease and convenience of pull on elastic jeans, as it will eliminate a lot of frustration and panic when it's time to "go". Elastic waist jeans also become convenient for moms of active babies who fight changing time and just want to crawl and climb. It allows for quick diaper changes and easy outfit adjustments when all your little one wants to do is squirm and escape.
Elastic waist pull on jeans also work well for growing boys. Waistlines expand, oftentimes before legs lengthen, so the adaptable waist that elastic provides is often ideal for growing and changing school kids. If you're on a tight budget, or your child despises shopping trips, then elastic waisted jeans may be a good solution. They will delay your urgency for new kids' clothes by providing that valuable bit of growing room.
Finally, they are durable. You don't have to worry about broken buttons, caught zippers, or any other issues when jeans are designed to pull on and off. They easily stretch and then fit snugly, so your boy can play and romp without you having to worry about whether or not his clothes can keep up!
What to Look For in Elastic Jeans
You will find a large selection of elastic jeans in the smallest of sizes, as well as a reasonable amount of styles in larger kid sizes. Whatever the age or stature of your boy, there is a pair of jeans out there for him. However, this does not mean you should purchase the first pair you find - there are certain things to keep in mind when buying elastic waist pull on jeans for boys.
- First, look for a recognizable brand name. If you cannot afford this, then check online to see if you can find any reviews on the off-brand that you are choosing. Stay away from brands that have a reputation of falling apart or not keeping up with an active boy's lifestyle.
- Next, check the comfort level. If at all possible, have your child with you for the shopping, as you'll want him to try on the jeans for an ideal fit. Some elastics can be tight and uncomfortable, so doing a test run at the store will save you a return trip.
- Finally, if there is an adjustable waistline, choose this over other styles. Many elastic waist jeans, especially for babies and toddlers, will feature a button or snap that holds back even more elastic. You can release and adjust this as your child grows, giving you even more mileage.
Where to Shop
Many stores will carry elastic waist jeans, but here are some ideal locations to start your hunt. Again, in-store shopping is recommended for children as they all fit differently; however, you can also shop all of these stores online.
- Land's End sells boys' jeans with a snap front and elasticized back waistline, so there is plenty of comfort and growing room. Land's End clothes are sold in select Sears stores for easy shopping.
- Gap carries a variety of jeans including elastic waist jean shorts and loose fit elastic waist jeans from sizes 4 to 18.
- Old Navy has a variety of jeans with elastic waist and adjustable waistband for slim, regular and husky sizes.
- Gymboree has all kinds of little boy pants year round.