Boys satin pajamas are challenging to find, especially if you are shopping during the summer months. However, there are several great places to purchase these pjs, including custom options you can order online.
Where to Find Satin Pajamas for Boys
Satin pajamas can be found at some department stores, but it is also a good idea to look at specialty pajama shops. There you may be able customize the pjs you purchase, which can add a special touch to gifts.
This company sells satin pajamas for children sizes one through 10. They cost between $30 to $45 and they offer a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase. They carry both two-piece and one-piece sets that come in both long and short sleeve options. They have a huge selection of color and pattern options including white, navy, black, red, pink, orange, blue and purple. Most options are unisex and will work well for young boys.
These pajamas work best for younger children who fit in sizes one through 10. Typically, these sizes will fit toddlers up to ten-year-old children.
Sun-Bay sells new, handmade satin pajama set options for boys through ebay. These pajamas are made and shipped from China and come with free delivery as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee return policy. They come in three color options: gold, silver, and navy. They cost around $17 and can be purchased using paypal.
They approximate that their pajamas will fit children from two years old to 10 years old. Sizing details are as follows:
- For two to three year olds, they suggest size 70, which works for kids measuring 68 cm in the chest area and 41 cm around their waist.
- Size 75 is suggested for kids who are three to four years old and measure 72 cm in the chest and 44 cm around their waist.
- Size 80 is recommended for kids who are four to five years old and measure 76 cm in the chest and 47 cm around their waist.
- Size 85 works for kids approximately five to six years old that measure 80 cm in the chest and 50 cm around their waist.
- Size 90 is suggested for kids who are six to seven years old and who measure 84 cm around their chest and 53 cm around their waist.
- For kids who are seven to eight years old, size 95 is recommended. This works for kids who measure 88 cm in their chest and 56 cm around their waist.
- Size 100 is suggested for kids who are between nine and 10 years old and that measure 92 cm around their chest and 59 cm around their waist.
This company makes custom pajamas for children as well as adults. They make two great satin styles for boys and adolescents. Their kids' Mandarin style pajamas come standard in cotton, but can be customized in satin. They come in a long sleeve and pant option with a trim around the wrists. They cost around $40 and are medium in terms of weight.
Their standard pajamas for kids also come in a pant and long sleeve option and cost around $40. They are more simple than the first option and don't have any patterns or trim. They can be customized in satin, with different color, trim, and button options. They offer full refunds if you are not satisfied with your purchase
They require 11 measurements so they can customize the pajamas based on your child's size. You can also add pockets, customize the color, as well as the trim, and add unique buttons if you'd like.
Aarone Loly Store
This company sells its products through AliExpress. They have adorable unisex satin pajama sets that cost about $16 per piece. They come in a navy short and long sleeve set as well as a pink long and short sleeve option. They offer free shipping within the United States and a full refund if you don't receive your order. This store is highly rated with five stars and delivers approximately within 12 to 20 days.
They offer standard United States clothing sizes for children. These pajamas range from 2T up to size eight, making them best suited for younger children and toddlers.
Sold through Amazon.com, this company offers two types of satin style pajamas. The first option comes in a white or yellow vest and short set. It costs around $17 and is machine washable. The second pajama set also comes in white or yellow and has a dragon print on the top. Instead of a vest it comes in a short sleeve. It also has a more ornate and colorful trim around the sleeves and pants. It costs around $16 and is also machine washable.
These jammies are sized based on the age of your child. They are noted to fit kids ages two to seven years old. Sizes range from 2T to size seven based on United States children's clothing sizes.
Satin Pajamas and Special Occasions
In some parts of the world satin pajamas are considered luxury items and are only worn on special occasions, including:
- National holidays
- Religious holidays
Some families in North America wear satin pajamas as a group on special occasions. For example, some celebrate Christmas Eve by opening gifts of matching holiday-themed satin pajamas and wearing them for a group photo before retiring in them for the night. Since most satin sleepwear drapes the body in a flattering fashion and feels exquisite against one's skin, there are few complaints from family members about dressing in coordinating satin nightwear.
Check Flammability Standards
If you plan to purchase satin pajamas for boys, be sure that they meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear. The federal standards require sleepwear, including robes, to be flame resistant. In addition, the government requires that if the garment ignites, the flame must self-extinguish. Failure to meet the flammability standards presents a risk of serious burn injuries to children.
Some reputable children's clothing manufacturers offer satin-like sleepwear made from 100 percent polyester or a mix of satin and polyester. Regardless of which you choose, it is imperative that you read the label affixed to the pajamas before allowing your child to wear them. Sleepwear that meets the federal standards will state as much on the label.
Caring for Satin Pajamas
To help keep your kid's pajamas last and stay looking great, be mindful about how you launder them. There are a few different techniques to use in case they get stained or just need a general cleaning.
- To remove stains, buy a satin specific stain remover or soak the pajamas in cold water and blot with a bit of detergent before washing.
- Wash by hand or using the delicate cycle and make sure the water is set to cool. You can also use a delicates laundry bag to throw in your washing machine to provide even more protection.
- Air dry the pajamas or dry on the delicate cycle. If you do air dry, don't wring out the pajamas before setting out to dry as it could leave creases in the fabric.
Other Options for Satin-Style PJs
If your son is begging for satin pajamas and you simply can't get your hands on a set, then you have a few options:
- Purchase men's satin pajamas in the smallest size possible and make alterations.
- Look for satin pj or clothing sets for boys at Asian markets.
- Go to a fabric store, buy a few yards of satin and make your own.
- Make custom-fit boys pajamas from satin sheets.
- Purchase boys silk or satin boxers as an alternative to pajamas.
You may also want to consider stocking up on satin pajamas for boys during the winter months when they are more readily available. That way you won't be caught in a bind when your son outgrows his only set in the spring.
If your growing son is used to sleeping with a security blanket that features a satin edge, then you might be in the market for a silky replacement. Enter boys satin pajamas. Some parents purchase satin pajamas for their sons as a way to wean them from their satin-fringed security blankets. Other children may just like the cool soft feel of the fabric.
Boys satin sleepwear usually consists of a long-sleeved button-down top with matching loose fitting pants. In the United States satin pajamas are typically worn exclusively during the winter months. However, in other parts of the world, especially in Asia, satin pajamas are traditional bedtime garb, worn throughout the year. No matter the reason a child may want to wear satin or satin-like pjs, or what style he may choose, they offer a soft, cozy choice when it comes to sleepwear.