While in past decades most boys were dressed in suits for Easter complete with dress shoes, hats and ties, today there are more options to consider. Easter fashions for boys can be found in dressy, casual and even formal styles.
Dressy Easter Suits
You can't go wrong with a lightweight spring suit for a dressy Easter look. To really put the finishing touch on a suit, choose a great necktie and coordinating shoes. Suits are perfect for boys who take part in Easter programs, but are just as appropriate for attending worship service. If you choose to go with a dressier look such as a suit for your little boy this spring, consider the following looks:
A seersucker suit is ideal for Easter. This style of suit is done in a light material with a soft stripe. The look of this style suit is perfect for church or an Easter party. To add a special touch, pair a light green or bright yellow dress shirt or tie under the suit. Some seersucker suits include:
- Khaki Boys Striped Seersucker Suit: Found at Pink Princess, this suit is priced under $60 and is done in khaki and white stripes with a tan necktie and white shirt. It comes in sizes 2T to 7 and also is available in solid white and light blue.
- Boys Seersucker Blazer: From Vinyard Vines and sold at Bloomingdale's, this dapper blazer is priced around $75 and comes in sizes 12 and 14.
A linen suit is lightweight enough to be comfortable during warm spring weather and can also be worn into the summer. Tan and white linen suits create a nice fashion statement for the Easter holiday. Some linen suits include:
- Linen Natural Suit: Found on Amazon, this suit is from Johnnie Lene and is priced under $80. It comes in toddler sizes 2T to 4T as well as in boys sizes up to 18. The suit is done with a single-breasted, fully lined jacket and includes flat-front pants that are lined to the knee. A matching vest and ivory dress shirt are included with the suit.
- Wilber Linen Suit: From the Puddles Collection, this five piece suit set includes a jacket, shirt, pants, vest, and a tie. It comes in sizes 1 to 18 and is priced between $75 and $95 depending on the size.
Casual Easter Clothing Ideas
Casual Easter outfits can be more comfortable for family gatherings and Easter egg hunts. Casual outfits can also be worn for school picture day, birthday parties and other events. Some casual pieces for Easter are:
A simple sweater vest with a v-neck can be worn over a white dress shirt or a white tee for a preppy look. This cute combo pairs well with dress pants or khaki pants. Sweater vests comes in styles such as:
- White and Blue Argyle Vest: From Glorimont Boys, this vest comes in sizes 2T to 14 and is priced around $60. It is made from 100-percent cotton and is lightweight and machine washable.
- Ralph Lauren has a variety of vest options in sizes 2 to 7.
Khaki or White Pants
Light color pants such as khaki or white are casual but dressy enough for most occasions. You can pair these with a nice polo or striped shirt in spring colors like green or yellow. Some pants to consider include:
- Pleated Twill Pants: From JCPenney, these pants are priced under $15 and come in sizes 8 to 20. They are made from a cotton/polyester blend and have an adjustable waistband. These straight leg pants feature a hook and bar closure and zip fly.
- White Slacks: Pants from Puddles Collection are priced under $18. They come in sizes 2 to 20 and are made from polyester. They feature a button closure, zip fly, rear and side pockets, as well as a finished bottom hem.
Nothing can be more appropriate for a casual Easter look than a t-shirt done with an Easter theme. Some tees to check out include:
- Ears To You Tee: From Personalization Mall, this solid white tee can be personalized with your child's name. The tee features a long-eared bunny hiding in tall grass behind your child's name. It comes in sizes extra small to large and is priced around $15.
- Easter Rabbit Face: This tee from Spreadshirt features a full rabbit face with a bow tie and is priced around $17. It comes in sizes extra small to large and is done in your choice of color. Colors include blue, red, black, white, green and yellow.
Formal Easter Attire Ideas
Formal wear may not be the most practical Easter attire for boys, but it can be ideal for photos and special occasions during the season. Some formal options include:
A sailor suit often comes with a crisp navy blue dress coat adorned with with gold embroidery and nautical designs, dressy white pants, a white dress shirt and navy bow tie to complete the look. Some sailor suits to consider are:
- Formal Wear Sailor Suit: From Tuxedos Online, this suit is priced around $35. It is done in a five-piece ensemble that also includes a matching sailor's hat. It comes in sizes 1 to 7.
- Captain Sailor Suit: Sherry Kids carries this suit for boys. It is priced under $40 and comes in sizes small to extra large. The ensemble consists of a navy jacket and white pants, a bow tie, shirt and sailor's hat.
A white tux with a pastel shirt looks good on all young boys. Tuxedos can purchased online at sites such as:
- Formal Tux: From Perfect Tux, this tux comes in your choice of white or black. This tux comes with a jacket, pants, pleated white shirt, cummerbund, and bow tie. It is priced around $50 and comes in sizes 6 months to 20.
- White Special Occasion Tuxedo: From Sophia's Style, this tux is done in a white on white paisley design and is priced around $75. This tux comes in sizes 4 to 14. It includes a white single-button jacket with a notch lapel done in satin, a white wing-tipped tuxedo shirt, satin cummerbund and a white bow tie.
Boys can celebrate Spring and Easter in a variety of fashionable clothing. Whether you choose a suit and tie or a casual shirt and pair of khakis, your little boy is sure to look stylish and in-season. Stay away from the dark, heavy winter fashions and embrace a soft, light look that is ideal for the Easter holiday.