Boys satin pajamas are challenging to find, especially if you are shopping during the summer months.
Boys Who Love Satin Pajamas
If your growing son is used to sleeping with a security blanket that features a satin edge, then you might be in the market for a silky replacement. Enter boys satin pajamas. The luxurious sleepwear is irresistible to young boys, who love the feel of silky soft material next to their skin. Many parents purchase satin pajamas for their sons as a way to wean them from their satin-fringed security blankets. Meanwhile, other young boys have grown attached to satin because as infants they habitually rubbed their faces on their mother's satin nightgowns.
Boys satin sleepwear usually consists of a long-sleeved button-down top with matching loose fitting pants. In the United States satin pajamas are typically worn exclusively during the winter months. However, in other parts of the world, especially in Asia, satin pajamas are traditional bedtime garb, worn throughout the year.
Satin Pajamas and Special Occasions
In some parts of the world satin pajamas are considered luxury items and are only worn on special occasions, including:
- National holidays
- Religious holidays
Many families in North America wear satin pajamas as a group on special occasions. For example, some clans celebrate Christmas Eve by opening gifts of matching holiday-themed satin pajamas and wearing them for a group photo before retiring in them for the night. Since most satin sleepwear drapes the body in a flattering fashion and feels exquisite against one's skin, there are few complaints from family members about dressing in coordinating satin nightwear.
A Warning About Satin Pajamas for Boys
If you plan to purchase satin pajamas for boys, be sure that they meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear. The federal standards require sleepwear, including robes, to be flame resistant. In addition, the government requires that if the garment ignites, the flame must self-extinguish. Failure to meet the flammability standards presents a risk of serious burn injuries to children.
Most reputable children's clothing manufacturers offer satin-like sleepwear made from 100 percent polyester or a mix of satin and polyester. Regardless of which you choose, it is imperative that you read the label affixed to the pajamas before allowing your child to wear them. Sleepwear that meets the federal standards will state as much on the label.
Where to Find Boys Satin Pajamas
The following companies offer boys satin pajamas in a variety of sizes and styles. However, most only stock the silky sleepwear during the winter season:
- eBay: Ebay is an excellent source for satin pajamas for boys. Most feature Asian styling and come in a variety of sizes.
- TradeMe.com: New Zealand's leading online shopping website offers unique satin pajamas for boys, including a red top that features a sizzling hot racecar print.
- Nextag.com: This website offers a large selection of basic satin pajamas for children in a variety of colors.
- Debenhams.com: This site is ideal for budget-conscious parents looking for cheap toddler clothes, such as satin pajamas for boys that feature eclectic prints.
What to Do if You Can't Find Satin Pajamas for Boys
If your son is begging for satin pajamas and you simply can't get your hands on a set, then you have a few options:
- Purchase men's satin pajamas in the smallest size possible and make alterations
- Look for satin pajamas for boys at Asian markets
- Go to a fabric store, buy a few yards of satin and make your own boys pajamas
- Make custom-fit boys pajamas from satin sheets
- Purchase boys silk or satin boxers as an alternative to pajamas
If all else fails, consider stocking up on satin pajamas for boys during the winter months. That way you won't be caught in a bind when your son outgrows his only set in the spring.